Sunday, October 11, 2009

Star for the Day, a new ATC and twitter

I made this layout for Kristin's border circles challenge on Serendipity - we needed to use our border punches to make three circles.  I actually did 4, because the one under the star is a double layer.

I think some punches line up better than others, but I think they look very cool.  I used the MS doily, Fiskars threading water, and the MS picket fence punches.

The photos are a couple from the photo shoot we did a few weeks ago. The layout was chosen as the Star for the Day on Scrap Attack for 10/8/09.





Closeup of the picket fence border punch circle.



This is the atc that I made for the Swap Addict's Anonymous fruit swap. I wasn't so sure about the apple at first - it's a QK diecut, and I didn't realize when I bought it that there would be a border from the bottom piece around the top piece.. and it bugged me. A lot.. But then I inked it, and it looked better, and darn, doesn't it look like an apple core after it's been sitting on the table for a bit? LOL.

The brown PP is from the DCWV Crafty stack. The red used for the heart is MME. Love how the patterns are so similar. The background is Kraft, stamped with a script  background stamp. The "i" is a thicker sticker covered with MS glitter pen, and "apples" is done with Penny Black stamps. Everything is {of course} inked and distressed. Thought it needed something more.. and since this month is extra points for stitching, I sewed on the button and added the extra stitches on the square and the heart. And I think that's one of my favorite parts. I made 10 of them.

And.. gosh.. Twitter. I have been avoiding twitter.. because I need another computer thing like I need another hole in my head.. {eyes rolling}. Then I found out Jason is on Twitter. So over I go.. I must confess I have mixed feelings about it.. it's cool to be able to see what everyone is doing.. but all the @name things.. it's like hearing half of a cell phone conversation! Kinda confusing! But we'll see... I've already found out that Trace Adkins is going to be in St Louis around my birthday next year.. that would be a cool show to go to! And found a couple of my scrappy friends there too.  If you're over there, you can send me a message @jmcarrollfan


No comments: