Friday, September 11, 2009

Why I hate khaki, a cool find, and AMR Fall Crop!

So... when I'm working, I usually wear scrubs, but if I don't, I wear khaki pants. That's the uniform. And mostly, it's ok, except that um, blood shows up awfully well, as does dog hair.. so it really doesn't make sense to me (and why I tend to wear scrubs). But I was reminded again tonight why I really hate wearing khaki.



I stopped at WalMart on my way home {Can you see where this is going already??} to get a new shower curtain, and wanted to pick up a new Twilight CD {since I lost mine when I went to Kansas City GRUMBLE}. Anyway, so I'm standing there, looking at the new release cd's, minding my own business, and this lady comes up to me and says "Excuse me, do you work here?"



{blink}



Uh, yeah, I'm wearing khakis and a blue t-shirt, but I am NOT wearing one of those lovely bright blue vests with WAL MART written on them... No name tag, and gosh, I am carrying a purse. Do I really LOOK like I work here?!?



No, I didn't say all that, but I did laugh {MOSTLY to myself!} and said No, in a I-can't-believe-you-just-asked-me-that tone of voice {not mean or mad, mind you!} sheesh. I hate that.



Stopped at the thrift store before work today, mainly to pick up a couple of vintaging looking paper packs (for 50c each!) which my friend had told me about. Looked around a bit, and also found a pair of jeans for DD (for $1) and an American History text book (for a whopping 50c). Kinda wandered around just looking around. Found a leather jacket that is just awesome - the leather is supple, nicely worn in, and very comfortable. Looks a lot like this jacket, except it has a zipper instead of the buttons.

{photo from www.kaboodle.com}

Now, the jacket in this photo lists for 79.99-110.00. Wanna know how much I paid for mine??

5 bucks.

Yeah, I know. How cool is that?? I really like it. I have always wanted a leather jacket.

Also, AMR is having the September Crop this weekend! Everything will be listed HERE. There will be challenges, games, and a rockin' bingo game - those are ALWAYS a lot of fun!! The theme is Fall, but not all challenges will have a fall theme. Come by and check it out!!

2 comments:

MissChrisB said...

I've been reading PeopleOfWalmart.com and let me just say - THANK YOU for wearing a blue shirt and khaki pants to WalMart...! =)

Unknown said...

That's funny. I've had people ask me if I've worked in places before. Halmark was one, and Target... I must have been wearing Khaki's. LOL!