Wednesday, September 9, 2009

fairytale princess


Did this layout for the Sketch This challenge on Serendipity. The papers are from the Rustic DCWV stack {one of my favorites - so much so that I had to go back the next day and get another stack!}
{Sketch posted by Liz on Serendipity}

The photo on this layout was taken last summer when we went up to the Old Thresher's Reunion in Mt. Pleasant Iowa. We went for the Jason Michael Carroll concert, but left early enough in the day that we could walk around and see the reunion. It is a fabulous place, and they have all kinds of museums and exhibits of old style farm and country equipment. They have a steam run carousel (which DD and I rode), and tractor pulls with antique tractors.

They also have a village at one end of the place, and that is where this photo was taken. We were walking around and looking at things, and she kept asking "where's Jason?!" It was funny.

The title for the layout came from the t-shirt - it is a JMC concert tee, which I had picked up for her at the Bowling Green concert. And since this was her first JMC concert, she had to wear the t-shirt. {Fairytale princess is a reference to Jason's "Livin' Our Love Song" song}
The background paper is one of my favorites - I love the flourishes in the corners, and thought it would work well with the sketch. I added the glitteriness with my Sakura Stardust pen - adds the glitter, but no ink color. It is awesome for highlighting things, and I use it all the time {I will need to find a new source for them since my LSS closed.. } The smaller pieces of papers were all scraps, and edges were inked with both Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo.
The tags are actually only tag tops, and are the rest of the pieces I had leftover from the Technique Swap. Waste not, want not, right? The stamps are a princess/cinderella set that I think is done by Image Tree.

The flowers were made from scraps from the Rustic stack - each flower is made up of 2 large flowers and 1 small flower. Edges were inked, and they were put together with glue dots. The leaves were done with a Martha Stewart punch out of some shimmery green paper I got in a scrap pack.

The title letters are thickers fabric letters, which were perfect because of their shape. But a little too bright pink for me, so I inked over them with Tim's Tattered Rose distress ink, and it made them just the right color.


The butterflies were stamped a few months ago, when I needed stamped images for the LSSS contest, and were done on scraps of patterned paper. The stamp is from Pink Paislee, and is one of my favorite butterfly stamps. I love how the patterend paper adds just a touch of color to the butterflies.

This layout was Framed as the pick of the day on Savvy and Sassy!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! bought Rustic but haven't used it yet - totally inspired now! Plus the dimensional details ROCK!