This is a Halloween card I made, and it has been chosen for the Pick of the Day for 9/20 on Serendipity, and Star for a Day for 9/21 on Scrap Attack
I started with a DCWV square 5.5x5.5 card, which I have had forever. I used my large pinking deco scissors to do the edging. Was a little bit of a challenge, because it didn't want to cut through both layers at the same time, and I wanted everything to match up. Edges were inked with Tim's Black Soot Distress Ink. The lovely web at the top, is from a roll of self adhesive flocked lace from WRMK, which I found at Hobby Lobby (and I actually paid full price for - it wasn't bad, about $3, but I don't pay for ANYTHING full price at HL anymore!). The spider is a foam glitter sticker, which I bought for inchies, and the web line is simply drawn with my Zig pen.
Happy was done with Heidi Grace rubons, and Halloween is from the Basic Grey Eerie stamp set. I was going to add tiny gems to the web lace, but I forgot, and thought it turned out pretty well anyway. So I will save that for another project.
I used the left over webbing that was trimmed off the card on these inchies. They are for a swap on Swap Addicts Anonymous. The base is made from precut grungeboard squares, which I colored with an orange glitter pen. Added the web and the spider and voila. Halloween inchies. I actually wish the spiders were a different color though LOL they would show up better!
I also finished up the ATCs for the All Moments Remembered September Crop, for which the theme was.. hmn, can you guess?? FALL. I found the fall stamp in my stash and knew I wanted to use that, the rest of is just designed itself today. The brown paper with the words is from a scrap pack - edges were inked. Actually, each of the squares and the base was inked too, and the base and orange square were edge distressed. The leaf on the orange square was colored with a crayola colored pencil - which is pretty cool - it is a blend of three different colors (red, yellow, and brown) and blends itself nicely! The yellow square was stamped with part of a tree image from an InkDinkaDo stamp. The red squares were placed into my new embossing folder from QuicKutz. I love adding gems to the places the diamonds meet up.. well this folder is called Diamonds and Dots, and has a circle at just the right place! So they were embossed, sanded, and inked, and then the little metal dots (from Joann's) were added. Everything was layered, the orange squares put up on popdots, and the leaves added under the corners. They are not what I had originally thought up for cards, but I'm pretty happy with them.