Friday, April 4, 2008

I Wish...

Started a new Challenge on the AMR board... We are playing a Survivor type challenge. Each week we will have a new challenge - some will get voted off - some will continue on to the next weeks challenge...

For more information, or to join the board and play - go to allmomentsremembered.com

The first challenge was to make a 12x12 page layout with either concert photos, your favorite band, or including the lyrics to a favorite song. It was particularly difficult for me because I have no concert photos, I have a lot of favorite bands, so it is hard to pick just one, and most of the songs I like, really don't make any sense if you just read the lyrics (TMBG anyone?).

I finally decided on the Rascal Flatts song "I Wish". I have wanted to make a mini-album with this song for some time, though I think at age 7, it isn't yet appropriate for my DD (seems more like a going to college/moving away/getting married type of album). But every time I hear it, it makes me think Rhi right after my dad's funeral... she had walked outside the cemetary and was sitting on the hill next to the fence, just staring off down the road. I don't know what she was wishing for..

I started the layout late at night, as I often do.. printed the lyrics on vellum. Matted the photo on cardstock. Chose the Basic Grey paper ( love love love Basic Grey ) and it just kind of took off from there. Made a few additions/changes during the process, but I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. Even if I don't move on with the contest, I am glad that I finally scrapped this photo (almost 2 years after it was taken).
The title was made by stamping on cardstock, cutting out, and distressing the edges with scissors. Each letter has small strips of foam tape on the back to make it pop up.. see the closeup photo for a better look.
The inking was done by inking up a foam paintbrush and then brushing it onto the papers and lace. I used StazOn ink (stamps the best on textured cardstock, IMO) which can be very bright in color, and I wanted it more muted. Worked very well.





Supply list:

Cardstock - DCWV

PP - Basic Grey

Ink - StazOn

Punches - EK Success

Stamps - Letters - Technique Tuesday

Stamps - Words - Will 'n' Way

Stamps - Flower - Inque Boutique

Lace - Wrights

Flowers - Prima

Font - 2Peas Bad Hair Day

Vellum - the Paper Studio

Pen - Zig Millenium

Chipboard

Jewels

No comments: