Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wedding Exploding box

I made this box as a wedding present for a gal I work with. Her wedding colors were black, white, and dark red. Jaime is something of an untraditional gal, and a New Yorker, so I wanted to do something a little differe for a gift.
I love the lace on the sides of the cover. I threaded the velvet ribbon through it and tied it on the corner. It's a little hard to see, but there is a wedding charm hanging from the ribbon. The little red piece says Just Married.
The flowers and leaves were cut with the Cricut (Walk in My Garden cartridge) and some punched using Punch Bunch floral punches. Flowers were inked and petals were folder to add texture. This was a lot of fun to do, but my fingers were a little cramped by the end of it!
This is the inside of the cover - I couldn't just leave it blank. Metal photo corners, Happily ever after charm. This is one of my favorite photos from the wedding.
Here is a look at the inside after the cover is taken off. The flowers in the center are paper rosebuds
Middle pages
Back pages

She loved it, I'm happy to say... and this month they are celebrating their one year anniversary.

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

It looks like you finished it just beautifully, and that's what really makes one of these pop from nice to wow ... great job, Julie, I can see why she would love it!

None None said...

gorgeous, Julie!! I love the flowers in the center. You did a wonderful job! And I agree with AM - I can see why she would love it. Thanks for sharing!

Jackie Plank said...

This is stunning, I would get married again just to get one of those. :)