Monday, November 24, 2008

A sad day

I think I posted before about the two orphan kittens we ended up adopting. They were originally supposed to find new homes.. but they ended up staying. Rachel has always been DD's kitten. Potsy loves DS.

My son came up to me today and said he found Rachel near the lemon tree in the kitchen. She was acting strange, and when I took a look at her, she was breathing hard and very uncomfortable. So I took her into work for xrays. There was large growth in her belly. Pretty uncommon for a young cat.

We made the decision to put her to sleep, because I was NOT going to have her suffer and starve to death. DD is taking it very hard - though she seems better since telling her Rachel will be sitting on Grandpa's lap. We stopped by the grocery store and picked up flowers for her.

Rachel was one of the best cats I have ever had. She let DD pick her up at any time, and would lay there just like a little rag doll. Very sweet disposition. One of the loudest purr boxes i have every heard. She will definitely be missed out here...

4 comments:

None None said...

Jewlz, I am so sorry for everyone's loss. It is so hard to see a pet suffer and make that decision. Big hugs to you and your daughter.

Terri Moore said...

Sorry for the sad days. Life's ups and downs are sometimes hard to deal with - KWIM?

Terri Moore said...

There is a KreativBlogger award on my blog waiting for you to pick up and post on your blog if you like. Congrats - love your blog!

Abby said...

Sorry about your kitty. :(