Monday, May 10, 2010

A couple of scrappy things, a new bracelet, and a yummy


Managed to get a couple of scrappy things done this week. They were all done for the Scrap Sisters NSD Crop last weekend.

Lilacs was done as a progressive challenge that I posted. I guess it was a litle too intimidating though, because only one person did the challenge. Oh well. I'm really happy with my layout. It's the first one I've done in a while, and I think it is really pretty. Funny thing, though, I never though Nickelback would be such a great inspiration for a frilly, girly scrapbook page. Who knew?
{This layout was chosen as the Pick of the Day on the Serendipity Scrapbooks site for 5.4.10}

The Anti mojo layout was an idea I had in my mind for a long time. The photo was originally posted on Tim Holtz's blog when he first started his FB and twitter accounts back before the christmas tags.  I made it into a challenge - yet another that was barely touched. Again -  too hard I guess.


This altered card was done for Karen's challenge (alter a playing card). I sanded it, inked it, and covered it with Tim's rock candy crackle paint. added the rest of the embellies and voila.  {Yes. The letters mean something. No. I won't be telling} {this card was chosen as the Pick of the Day for 5.7.10 on Serendipity Scrapbooks}

This is my latest bracelet. They had charms on sale for 1/2 off again at Hobby Lobby, so I stopped to look at them. The snake charm got me to thinking about the Ghost Trappers companions.. ended up finding several more companion charms. The bracelet isn't finished yet. I found gemstomes that look like Chrono Fragments (another part of the game) though I realized the color isn't right. So I need to check back at Joann's tomorrow when I go  (to order the Everyday Paperdolls Cricut cartridge for $40) and see if they have any blue-ish ones. Or aurora borealis looking ones. They will go between the companion charms.


Made these for dessert the other night.. individual strawberry shortcakes. And ooooh they were YUMMY.

No comments: