Monday, November 9, 2009

Photo shoot at the Riverview Park

Today, I took my daughter to the park for some fall photos. {Wanted to take my son too, but he wasn't interested in going. So he stayed home} I wasn't sure the pictures would turn out, because it was overcast and the light was pretty dim, but I messed around with the settings on the camera, and I think they actually turned out pretty well. {Especially considering the camera wanted to use the flash when set in automatic, and I didn't want to LOL}

The first thing she noticed about the park was all the leaves. Which made her very happy. I made her stand by a tree until I figured out the camera settings, then let her play around. She had a lot of fun kicking up the leaves, loving the way they crunched beneath her feet.


I really like this shot. She was just sitting in the leaves and tossing them up in the air. But I really like how most of the background is leaves.


This is one of the overlooks for the River. It was really pretty, a little misty in the background. I love that little stone wall. There is not much land on the other side of it before it drops away.

Closer up/cropped view



Sitting on the wall and doing the model pose.



She walked over to the end of the wall and was looking off through the trees at the River. I really like this picture. In fact, it is one of my favorites from today.

Sitting at the picnic table.


"Let's pretend we are having a picnic!"


This is another favorite, even though it is blurry. Or maybe especially because it is blurry. I love how it shows the motion. She was having fun whirling around and kicking at the leaves.


Sitting in the leaves again {I was sitting on the picnic table}


Yep, really like this one. She was having so much fun.

Walking back down the path - she kept getting too far ahead for the camera, and I had to keep calling her back. The lighting in this photo is a little more true to how the lighting was


We found these beautiful yellow maples at the park.


Walking back across the grass to the car :which can just barely be seen in the background}


Found this statue of Mark Twain by another overlook in the park.


Looking out over the river.


All in all, was a fun afternoon. I'm really pleased with the photos I took, especially considering how dim it was. And she had fun too, which always makes it worth it.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

She is beautiful! Great pictures.

PattiM said...

Great photo's {Jewlz}. Love the river behind her and your so lucky she likes to get her pic taken. My DGS is off and on lately. Such a gorgeous girl. Photographs good, sweet smile and lots of hair that I so wish I had. LOL

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

Lisa said...

Fantastic photos Julie...love them!

Eileen said...

All that from a walk in the park! I'm going to have to take more walks with a camera....beautiful pictures.

djp said...

these are great shots! I too love the one over looking (the one that is your favorite) what a wonderful set of photos!