Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I've been tagged!!

I've been tagged by Jennifer, who is the newest member to the Lilac City Designs design team. Jennifer has some fabulous projects on her blog (check out the skateboard card!)

Name 5 things that I do for myself:
1. I buy Ben and Jerry's New Your Super Fudge Chunk ice cream. LOVE IT. Too expensive for a family of 5, so I keep it at work and have a little when I have a bad day.
2. My CTMH scrapbook club - it's my one night out a month, talking with people who love the craft as much as I do.
3. Raise Shetland Sheep. What can I say, I love the cute little things. I am fascinated by the genetics behind their color. {And their wool is to die for!}
4. Buy CARS collectibles. I originally bought them for my kids, but couldn't decide how to divvy them up so the kids wouldn't fight. So now I buy them for myself.
5. Spend a little bit more for the lavender body wash I like. The kids don't care what they use. I like the lavender because I find it refreshing and relaxing. Now if only I had a clawfoot bathtub for soaking in!

Name 5 kind things I do for friends, my children or partner:
1. Spend extra money to have a library card in a nearby town to have a better choice of books to help satisfy the voracious reading appetites of my family. {We live in the country, and have a very small, not very current library}
2. Listen to my son talk about his video games. The latest one is Lego Indian Jones. he gets so excited when he talks about all the stuff he finds.. and I try really hard not to let him know I have no idea what he is talking about!
3. Dance with my daughter whenever the music strikes her {this happens a lot}
4. My husbands laundry - he is a truck driver and is on the road 5 or 6 days out of the week. He doesn't have a lot of time for laundry. So he brings it home, and I do it for him.
5. I work with a scrappy friend, and when I find new things.. I usually try to pick it up for her too. She doesn't blog or blurf or come across some of the neat stuff I find, so I help her out with that ;)

Name 5 kind things I've done for a strangers:
1. When I call somewhere, and the receptionist says they will will page whoever I'm calling, I always say "Thank you." I also say thank you to the cashiers at the stores I go to. It is amazing how many people smile just from having a person say thanks. It isn't said often enough anymore.
2. Whenever possible, I let cars in front of me in traffic. It's tough sitting there waiting to turn onto the road, especially when it is busy. More often than not, I see that person letting someone out further down the road. It's a great "Pay it forward" type of thing.
3. I tell people it is ok. With my job, I often have to counsel people about making difficult decisions. Often people are not sure they are doing the right thing. Sometimes they just need to hear it said out loud that It is OK, and they are making the right decision.
4. I like to send RAKs. If I see that someone needs/wants something I have, I'm more than happy to share it with them. It is so much fun to see them post about what I have sent, especially if they were not expecting it!
5. A lady called me up with a problem - she had found two orphan kittens whose mom had been hit by a car and killed. She couldn't keep them. So I took them {and they are still at my house}

Name 5 hobbies I enjoy
1. Scrapbooking
2. Reading
3. Photography
4. Blogging/blurfing
5. Bowling

Tag, You're It!
Kelli C
Nicole P
Erika
Jessica Mae
Stacey (the bestest board owner EVER)

Hope you gals will have fun with this too!

No comments: