Saturday, January 23, 2010

Psyko and Paul



This layout was done for the Punk Fashions challenge at the Project Runway Crop. I knew I had this photo - I was originally going to use it for a journaling challenge, but that didn' happen, and it was perfect for this challenge. Michelle was my best friend for junior and senior years of high school. I had transferred to a new school, and Michelle and I had some classes together. Since I was new, and she was a bit of a misfit, we because friends. Michelle's nickname was Psyko, and she gave me the nickname Jewlz. {I remember it clearly - we were in Mr. Kallenbach's Trigonometry class - and I told her Jules was too boring, and too boyish} We devised designs of interconnected letters for our nicks.. I still use mine sometimes.

We used to go out in her tan VW rabbit, and spend all night driving around {she's the only person I knew that would buy 62 cents worth of gas, because that's all she had - but it was unbelievable how far that car would go on 62 cents worth of gas!}. Sometimes we would play a chase game with other people.. mostly we just drove around and listened to music. She is the reason I got into a lot of the music I still listen to {the Cure, New Order, U2, Suicidal Tendencies, Jane's Addiction, Love and Rockets}.  She is also the reason I own pink combat boots, a leather coat, have tattoos and multiple pierced ears.. She wasn't really a bad influence, because we never got into trouble.. But she certainly helped me to be more of an individual, and not such a conformist.

We double dated for homecoming (she lent me an awesome black dress), we hung out at the mall,  we worked together at the movie theatre and the riding stables - we even got our first tattoos at the same time {my unicorn, hers a heart with bat wings}, . I suppose she thought I was a bit of a goody two shoes, or maybe she felt sorry for me, but we had a ton of fun anyway. LOL we're easy to find in the 500+ person senior class portrait - instead of looking at the camera, we are looking to the right. Why? Why not?

I lost touch with her many years ago, but I still think about her almost every day. She is one of the very few people from high school that I miss.

{and if you're wondering, Paul was one of a couple of boyfriends she had}

2 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

Great flashback page! I really like the grunged up look!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love the distressing and the dog tags are so cool!