Monday, May 5, 2008

NSD, Crops, and Star for the Day

WOW I can't believe how busy things have been!


Work has been just NUTS. Boy, I wish I'd win the lottery, so I could take a vacation! LOL.


Saturday was National Scrapbook Day. I spent time on a couple of boards, looking at challenges and playing some games.

AMR's NSD crop was Saturday. I was not able to attend most of it, as I was working until late on Saturday. I was also bummed that I didn't have my kit before the crop, but I knew that would be a possibility because the crop was so early in the month. (Kits go out by the 10th). I am just DROOLING over this kit and CANNOT wait to see it in person. Heather's kits are so popular, they generally sell out a month ahead! I am so glad I have a subscription! For more information, or to order a kit, click here.

(May main kit)



(May add-on kit)


The other board I visited this weekend was ScrapAttack Scrapbooking. Their crop ran all weekend, and included lots of games and challenges. I didn't do very many challenges, as I was busy with other things, but did manage to get a few of them done, and one a game of Bingo.

One challenge was to use 10 stickers on a LO - you'd think that wouldn't be so hard, but I didn't want to use just flowers, so this is what I came up with. I am still loving these photos of Rhi, and they worked well with the Kelly Panacci stickers I found. It is still a rather simple LO for me (not nearly as much distressing as I usually do LOL), but i really like it. Papers are Basic Grey (Infuse) and DCWV (CS). Ink is Nick Bantock Rose Madder, one of my personal favorites.. I thought it worked very well with these papers.




The other challenge I finished was a card challenge - We were given 4 card sketches, and had to make cards from them.

Sketches:







My cards:

One of the gals on the board like them so well, she posted that I was The Star of the Day! (Each day they choose someone that has uploaded something they really like, and make them the star of the day.) That made me pretty happy. I really like these cards - the papers are all from We R Memory Keepers. They have matching chipboard stickers, rubons, ribbon, and large eyelets (which you need the CropADile to set!) Really fun to put together. And the papers are double sided! Which are great for the acrylics. As soon as I finish the album I am working on, I am going to do another one with these papers.

I still have challenges from AMR that I am working on, including an acrylic album (which may be the only one I get done on time! LOL)

No comments: